GREAT KIDS COME FROM GREAT PARENTS!
Child Dedication is an opportunity for parents to focus today on what will affect their child's future the most!
No one will have more influence on your child than YOU! It is our hope that Granite United Church can partner with you from the very beginning to build a Christian Home as you raise your child to know what it means to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
The act of Child Dedications is a church tradition, not a biblical mandate. But the scriptures are very clear in Deuteronomy 6:4-7 and Ephesians 6:1-4 that it is the responsibility of the parents, as stewards of God, to shepherd their children to know, honor, love and obey God. At Granite United Church, we keep the church tradition of Child Dedications as a way to allow parents an opportunity to publicly covenant with God, their children and their church that they are dedicated as parents to follow Jesus, to build a Christian home, to model the Christian life and to shepherd their children to know and love Jesus.
Child Dedication is a Parent Commitment to raise your child in a Christian Home that teaches about Jesus. There are some Parent Requirements as you take this step of Child Dedication:
- You must consistently attend a Weekend Service for at least 6 months and have attended a Starting Point
- You must be parents or legal guardians of the child
- You must commit to building a Christian Home to raise your child in
- You must commit to pursuing a God-Honoring Life
- You must attend the Parent Dedication Class